The PCR Song
There was a time when to amplify DNA,
You had to grow tons and tons of tiny cells.
Then along came a guy named Dr. Kary Mullis,
Said you can amplify in vitro just as well.
Just mix your template with a buffer and some primers,
Nucleotides and polymerases, too.
Denaturing, annealing, and extending.
Well it’s amazing what heating and cooling and heating will do.
PCR, when you need to detect mutations.
PCR, when you need to recombine.
PCR, when you need to find out who the daddy is.
PCR, when you need to solve a crime.
(repeat chorus)
Haha..this was the song they showed us during our practical session today. So fun..nothing really special happened today. Met my uncle this morning to go and sign the MOE tuition grant. And I forgotten to bring my passport!! Arrgh..luckily the MOE officer was nice and she allow my uncle to sign the tuition grant first. She told me to look for her with my passport and student pass later. My uncle signed the agreement and I rush for my practical session. Haa.. and I'm late!! Luckily I only miss a short briefing by the professor.
Start to do our experiment. And it's gel electrophoresis again! Something that I'm quite familiar with. Nothing really special happen. Just that we have a lot of time to talk talk in the lab. Haha..have to wait for the gel to solidify, digest the DNA and run the gel. Took the gel electrophoresis photo, rush off to PGP after briefing by Michelle.
Reach MPSH at about 2+ pm. The officer was like "Haa so late. I thought you forgotten already" Haha..how can I forget:P She was very friendly. Was chatting with her for quite some time. And that also means that I took very long to sign the agreement. The other tables was like come and go and I'm still there. Haha..a bit wasting others' time.
Anyway, went back to PGP after that. Took a nap. Bryan message me at 5pm to ask me go for dinner. Waa..anyhow disturb my sleep. Haa..went out at around 5.30pm after sleeping for awhile more. Reach school like about 5.50pm. Waa..super rush for dinner again. So bad for digestion lor, always make me eat so fast.
Attended Biochem tutorial. And he was teaching us about how to mass produce protein. Reached back PGP around 7pm. Haha. Gerard gave me a lift again. So nice rite. Don't need to take the shuttle bus for the whole week.
Start to do our experiment. And it's gel electrophoresis again! Something that I'm quite familiar with. Nothing really special happen. Just that we have a lot of time to talk talk in the lab. Haha..have to wait for the gel to solidify, digest the DNA and run the gel. Took the gel electrophoresis photo, rush off to PGP after briefing by Michelle.
Reach MPSH at about 2+ pm. The officer was like "Haa so late. I thought you forgotten already" Haha..how can I forget:P She was very friendly. Was chatting with her for quite some time. And that also means that I took very long to sign the agreement. The other tables was like come and go and I'm still there. Haha..a bit wasting others' time.
Anyway, went back to PGP after that. Took a nap. Bryan message me at 5pm to ask me go for dinner. Waa..anyhow disturb my sleep. Haa..went out at around 5.30pm after sleeping for awhile more. Reach school like about 5.50pm. Waa..super rush for dinner again. So bad for digestion lor, always make me eat so fast.
Attended Biochem tutorial. And he was teaching us about how to mass produce protein. Reached back PGP around 7pm. Haha. Gerard gave me a lift again. So nice rite. Don't need to take the shuttle bus for the whole week.







2 comments:
Damn funny they actually make a song out of it :)
yup yup..not bad, can help me remember better:P
Post a Comment