Monday's here again. Woke up a bit earlier this morning to get the marketing report from my group mates. Had peanut butter sandwich for breakfast. Rush out to get the bus about 5minutes before the lesson starts. Luckily I was not late for lecture.
Chemistry lecture. As usual I think it was quite hard to understand his lecture. Anyway, I manage to keep awake throughout the whole lecture. Hopefully I still can remember what he teach.
Had lunch with Iris, Zhisheng, Hui Chuan, and Gerard. I really enjoyed the meal with you all. Haha..we started talking about the Mr Brown show, history of Malaysia and Singapore, formula 1 race and practically anything. Someone came over to ask us if we can help her do a survey. We agree. Hopefully we wont be selected by her lecturer to verify the survey:P We were in the canteen for about an hour and Zhisheng was doing his chem tutorial. Haha..so last minute. He tried asking us to find something to do. But we ended up talking the whole time.
Attended chem tutorial. Haha..formed a group with Gerard, Iris and Zhisheng and 2 other person. There's this girl in our group who's like so unfriendly. We tried engaging her in the discussion but she just ignored us. Anyway, although our group was one of the last to chose the questions to present but not bad, we manage to present the questions quite well. Congrats to us. Haha..tutorial ended like 20 minutes earlier than usual. So we had a lot of time to spare before our genetics practical. Zhisheng went to eat. He was turn off by the queue earlier.
Went and sit outside Lt28 to read up on the practical worksheet and the report format. But most of the time, we were talking about the F1 stimulator race and other racing games. So fun so fun. I shall play more after the tests.
Genetics practical . Today's practical is going to be a simple one. We were basically there to collect results from the experiments we did in the previous sessions. Dr He gave a general overview of the experiments and what are the expected results for the genetics manipulation of bacteria DNA. That's not going to be in our report. What's more important is the transformation part. After a short briefing by our TA, we started to examine the agar plate that we plated before the mid-term break. I would say genetics practical is the practical that I enjoyed most. Our TA's like super nice. He never scold us although we were like super forgetful and ask silly questions. Haha..we actually asked him why does the plate have ugly streaks of bacteria on the LB plate when we actually labelled it as water and it's totally no bacteria growth on the LBA plate. We totally forgotten that we actually streak bacteria cells onto the plate and the label water because we transform the cells with water. How silly we were:S haha..we recorded the results and put the 1st experiment's plate one side. Our TA came over to ask what's our result and we told him it was exactly the same as what Dr He had mentioned in the expected results. So proud of ourselves:P He was like 'are you sure you got that?' so we jokingly ask him if he wants to check and he actually said yes! haa..so bad don't trust us:X We started to count the bacteria colonies from the second experiment. Super hard to count. We divided the agar plate into 8 sectors and in one sector there's like more than 400 colonies. Wow! Count until I feel like sleeping. Of course, our TA came and see if we counted the colonies correctly. And definitely, we manage to do it well. He was quite surprise by the number of colonies that we have. He commented that we did well:P High transformation rate, no contamination, well done to us! What a successful experiment. Reminder: Lab report due next week Monday, 11.59pm.
Oh ya, remember the girl I mentioned in chem tutorial which ignored us? She's also in my group for genetics lab. What a coincidence. I still remember Grace mentioned that she look fierce and unfriendly. Quite true. She didn't even talk to us during the whole practical session except maybe with her lab partner:S. Anyway, shall not talk about her anymore. Spoil my fun day:P
Met Jinfeng after my practical lesson. Went over to S9 there to take a few photographs of him. I was suppose to join him for dinner but was too tired so came back to PGP and sleep. Had dinner with Michelle today. We went to the restaurant in PGP. Hehe..our first time there. Haven't try the food there before. Taste not bad. Quite good. The atmosphere was nice too. We had spaghetti and pizza. Wow. Very full.We can hardly finish half the pizza so we decided to pack instead. Can keep for breakfast tomorrow:P After dinner went to meet her senior. Got like 3 years worth of notes.
Well, I think I starts to like school more now. It's not that bad after all. With all the super nice friends that I can depend and rely on. Thanks for being there for me. Love ya all.
Yippie! I love school
Posted by
fuisan
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment