How should I brand myself?

Attended marketing lecture today. I think the lecture was really interesting. Prof Ang taught us about positioning and branding our product. It really makes me think of all the different strategies companies have employed in order to maintain competitive in the market. Was with Yung during the lecture and the lecturer told us the RBR joke - Here's how it goes: Year 1 students are considered the red spot books, highly in demand and there's a limited borrowing time of 2 hours; Year 2 students are considered as the open shelf books, where still can borrow but less in demand; Year 3 students are considered as reference books, hardly anyone will look at it. Haha..just a joke anyway, don't take it too seriously.

Anyway, when we were talking about branding, Prof Ang showed u
s a few examples that I find quite interesting:

  1. Singapore spends $400,000 to rename Marina Bay... Marina Bay
  2. A cash prize of $2000 was given to one lucky person for coming up with the best name for our new budget terminal in Changi. And the name is: Budget Terminal
And I also found one interesting one as I was browsing the internet:
The Singapore Science Centre is rebranding itself as Science Centre, Singapore.


Oh well, this reminds me that I still have to think of a suitable brand
name for my assignment - deodorant!

Met Leo for lunch. While waiting for him to come from Science, had a short chat with Nadhirah regarding our archiving job. Haih..that's reminds me I have a lot of work yet to be done. Had dumpling noodles for lunch. Today's dumpling taste quite good:P

Came back to PGP. Challenged Leo to solve the rubik cube. Wow, he manage to finish it in less than 3 minutes. So sad. I lost the bet. He copied some songs from my computer (or practically everything) before leaving for his tuition lesson again. There's a high chance that he's going to be
late for lesson.

Rubik Cube!

I tried studying a bit more at night. Tomorrow's Fui Peng's birthday. Haha..she message me to wish her:P

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment