Genetics CA2

Yay..one test down..Haha..Gerard gave me a lift home again and that means I didn't need to waste time waiting for the bus. Today's test was quite alright. There was really just 2 questions no different parts. But the only thing is that the question he asked don't really have an exact answer. So in the end I drew picture to answer it. Haha..hopefully can get some marks there.

Anyway, I went to school at around 12.30pm to meet Ee Lin and Mun Lok at Science Library. Printed my lab report and lecture notes for the day. They accompanied me to submit my lab report then we
went for lunch at around 1.40pm. They already had their lunch so it was just me eating there. And I have to rush to finish my lunch. Wow..it was really record breaking. Haha..I manage to finish eating at about 1.58pm. Just nice to go for lecture which starts at 2pm. Phew..haa..can't believe how fast I ate.

Today's Biochem lecture's taught by Dr. Swami. We were basically lea
rning on DNA and that's what we actually learn for Genetics. Haa..so confusing. Biochem lesson learning Genetics stuff. Anyway he inserted a few stories in between the lecture. So it was quite entertaining. Plus I just had my lunch, a bit sleepy:P

Story No. 1

There was this group of marketers who went to Saudi Arabia to publicise a new detergent brand. There were a group of top marketers who's
confident that they will be able to boast the sales by the end of the month. So they set up all the advertisements and waited. One month past, 0 sales. Two months past, 0 sales. Three months past, 0 sales. They got a bit worried and went to check the marketing billboards and advertisement. There seems to be fine. Picture 1 showing a dirty shirt, Picture 2 showing someone soaking the shirt into the detergent and Picture 3 shows a clean white shirt. However, they didn't realise one thing, people in Saudi Arabia read from right to left!! So they actually got the wrong message:D
Moral of the story: Understand the culture of the people.

Story No.2

There was a small kitten who's walking around the
park and she met a dog. The dog barks "woof" and the kitten was scared. She ran back to the mother and told her about the dog. The mother cat told the kitten to bring her there and show her the dog. When the dog saw them, the dog barks again "woof". The mother cat respond by "woof", the dog got scared and ran away.
Moral of the story: It is important to know a second language.

After that lecture we went over for our next lecture. Genetics:S Haa..I'm already half asleep by then. Today's lecture is about RNA modification which is more on proteins and that's what we already learn in Biochem. Wow..today's lessons are super confusing. And Dr He hardly speaks into the mic so half the time I can hardly catch what he is trying to say. He ended the lecture at about 5.50pm. Gave us a short 10 minutes break and off we go to start our test. He went through the answers at the end of the test. Not sure how I did. But I think should be okay if he do give me marks for my drawing:P

Had dinner with Gerard and Mun Lok. At Science canteen again. Haha..but this time I get to eat as slow as I want to:P No hurry. Haha..then we start talking about the fun we had in campfire. Really miss those days where we built our gadget and attend campfires.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment