Money has not value?

During econs lecture today, our lecturer asked us - Do you value money? Many of us answered YES without hesitation. Is money important to you? Another quick YES! And I remembered previously someone told me that the money is not yours unless you spend them. So why do people place such an important emphasis in money? Why are people chasing after money and saving them?

Yes, money alone is not important. It's just a piece of paper but it is the things that we get from the money that we value. If today we are told that we cant use money to purchase our necessities or wants, do we still keep that piece of paper? Do we still bother about it? Of course not. So in conclusion, we have to value what we have around us. It is the things that give the value to money.


Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough. - Oprah Winfrey

So forget about the money part. Ha-ha..it's just some thought triggered by my lecturer. I think what she said is very true although I usually don't enjoy her lecture. Went to VivoCity for dinner. Hmm..I guess it's a new experience, something I have not tried before. Hehe..but it's fun! Really enjoyed myself. It's so nice to take a break after half the semester and before we geared up for the next half.

And I tried Kueh Tutu also. Ha-ha..it's a traditional Singapore delicacy made from flour and contain either ground peanut and sugar or shredded coconut as filing. I manage to try both of them. Hehe..it's actually quite similar to putu piring we have in Malaysia. Just that putu piring has gula melaka as filing and served with shredded coconut on the top. Hmm..maybe I'm more used to eating putu piring or because the Kueh Tutu was cold when I ate them, putu piring is still my choice. I remember almost every time we go to Ramadan bazaar, we were surely buy them back to eat.

Thank you for keeping me company! See you soon. *hugs*

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment