Holiday!!

Exams was over more than a week ago. I have been enjoying myself since then. Internship officially starts on Monday. No more playing around. Need to wake up early every morning, even earlier than I need to go for lesson. But I guess this new job will be exciting. The company offers contract R&D services to support early-stage drug target discovery and pre-clinical drug development in the pharmaceutical industry, with focus on anti-cancer therapy.



Currently the office is on campus, so travelling isn't much of a problem for me. The canteens will also be open, so can get cheap food too (but a bit bored of it).

Nevertheless, the learning outcome from this internship includes:
  • Apply knowledge learnt in classes in industry lab
  • Experience in translational research and industry R&D processes (vs academic)
  • Appreciate startups as a mechanism of commercialization of science and technology
Other specific projects and learning outcome:
  • Understanding and implementing the concepts of a contract R&D business
  • Setting up the operations and administrative processes for a new lab and R&D company
  • Experience and exposure in interactions with diverse partners in the R&D industry.
Sounds like a lot to learn for me but that's the usual objective of internship, right? To learn as much as I can :D Looking forward to it.

"There is nothing like a dream to create the future."

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment