Recess week. It didn't really feels like recess week this time since it coincides with Chinese New Year. After coming back from Malaysia, there are many assignments that need to be completed and handed up when school reopens. So the next few days were spent trying to complete as much as possible. I volunteered for Chingay this year, so I was at the F1 pit building both Friday and Saturday. Although I enjoyed myself, I really think there's a lot of room for improvement especially avoiding time wastage.
Since uni resumes, I have already complete 3 out of 6 midterms and CAs. So half more to go. The next two will be next Saturday which is the same day as NUS Open House :P Good excuse for me not to be there.
This semester is really packed with assignments and projects. We just completed of FIN3102A presentation on Monday and the lecturer told us that we still have another project to do! I thought the group reading was the group project. Totally unexpected. I hope this coming one will be much easier compared to the group reading, or maybe just like our mini-case study will be good.
Corporate Finance. We'll need to do a tutorial every fortnight. The questions are really hard. Luckily its group work or else I'll probably get wrong for every single question. There's also a case study the need to be done by 19th March. I have yet to look at it since he haven't post the questions yet. Anyway, we have more than enough work to occupy ourselves with. Tutorial 3 will be due next Friday and this Thursday, which is tomorrow, we need to submit a critique for the report done by the other 3 groups. Hmm..I think the lecturer is too lazy to read their super long report so he asked us to submit a 1 page critique. Haha! Or maybe it's just to make us more critical in writing our own report when the time comes.
Yesterday was Metabolism CA1. There's also a CA2 somewhere early April. I don't really understand the lecturer most of the time so we need to do some self studying or guess what he's trying to say. Sometimes, he will even tell us the wrong information :S So you'll need to be very attentive during lecture and not just copy everything that he said :)
I enjoyed the Natural Heritage lectures. It's fun to learn more about the things around us and how we can play our part to conserve and appreciate them more.
I'm starting to understand more of Molecular Biology. The first lecturer's style was really not my type so I can hardly understand what he said or rather questioned.
And yesterday was also our Management Science mid terms. I hope I do well enough for it. The test was at 8pm. I completed my revision around 6.30pm so I decided to take a short nap before going for dinner around 7pm. I didn't hear my alarm which rung 3 times and got up around 7.30pm. The frequency of our shuttle bus was much lower after 7pm and even lower after 9pm. I manage to board the bus around 7.45pm and reach the venue at 8.05pm. Luckily the lecturers were late too so the paper only started at 8.10pm. The test ended around 9.20pm and I went to get my dinner! Lesson learn - don't nap before test unless you have super loud alarm!
"Life must be understood backwards; but...it must be lived forward."







0 comments:
Post a Comment