It's already my second day of internship at TLL. I haven't been doing much these two days.
Day 1
We met Yang Hong at about 9.30am to settle the administrative stuff and she brought us to our lab to meet with A/Prof Laszlo, our supervisor. My mentor's Hsiao Yuen. She's really nice and friendly. She brought us down to the store to collect some stationeries and also our lab coat. Then she showed us around the lab and brief us a bit on the safety rules and the position of equipments. After that, it's just sitting down at my table reading journals and thesis. But Hsiao Yuen asked me if I'm interested to see her doing transformation so I went to the lab with her:P I got to learn a bit about the equipment to use and some techniques to ensure measures are taken to minimised errors.
Day 2
It's super boring. My mentor went to Qian Hu to collect some samples so she was not in the whole morning. Therefore, there's nothing for me to do. She was quite busy after coming back so no time to really teach me. We went for a 2 hours lunch and seminar at the auditorium. I was super sleepy. Nearly fall asleep in the auditorium but because we were sitting at the first row right in front of the speaker, have to pretend I'm paying full attention and fight my sleepiness. So torturing to sit in for one hour and feeling sleepy plus the auditorium's like quite nice to sleep.
Look forward for tomorrow. I'll have to wait for Qifeng to pass me his thesis to read:P I hope there's something for me to do. Don't like sitting in the lab and staring the the flap catching flies:S
Internship Day 1&2
Posted by
fuisan
|
Labels:
Internship
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment